Designed by colonial architect John Lee Archer, Cape Bruny Lighthouse was Tasmania's third lighthouse and Australia's fourth. First lit in 1838 and decommissioned in 1996, the lighthouse is approximately 42 feet high and is now part of Bruny Island National Park. Lucky for filmmakers, this scenic lighthouse is also available for film and television productions.
Filming here requires a permit from the Tasmanian Parks and Wildlife Service. There is a small parking bay at the base of the walking track, but vehicular access to the Keepers' cottages is possible by negotiation with Tasmanian Parks and Wildlife Service.
For more information on filming at Bruny Island Lighthouse, contact Screen Tasmania today.